Men's Facility Property Items Allowed
The below listed items are the only property items permissible for County, State and Federal Inmates while housed here at the Grayson County Detention Center. All other items will be cited as unauthorized; and therefore will be described as Contraband. We will not be responsible for returning contraband items. Grayson County Detention Center will not be liable for any lost or stolen articles in the inmate’s living area. All property will be accepted through the mail or bonding window for a period of 14 days after confinement at this facility. Beyond the 14 days, these items will have to be purchased from commissary. All packages being mailed in must have a verifiable name and address. Any packages from 3rd party Vendors (Amazon, Walmart.Com, Any 3rd Party Mailing Agency’s, etc.) will be unopened and returned. In the event we are unable to verify the senders name and address we will allow the sender to show proof of identity, and the inmate will receive their package. Otherwise, your package will remain on the inmate’s property until he/she leaves our facility. In the event it is discovered the package has ties to another inmate, it will be counted as contraband and disposed of accordingly. You may drop property off from Monday to Friday at the bonding window between the hours of 8am – 3 pm (CST). No property may be taken at the visitation desk at any time. All incoming property is approved at the discretion of the Property Officer.
· 1 Bible or 1 Quran.
· 1 Plain Wedding Band.
· 1 Watch (No Metal Band or Face, No Stones).
· 10 AA and 10 AAA Batteries.
· 10 Photo’s (No Larger than 5x7, No Photo Copies, No Polaroid’s, No Nude or Semi-Nude Photos).
· 3 White T-shirts (No Pockets. Limit 5 for Red Pod & Limit 7 for Sap).
· 5 Pair White Socks. (limit 7 for Sap).
· 5 Pair White Underwear (Boxers or Briefs. Limit 7 for Sap).
· 2 Pair Light Colored Shorts (No Graphics, Gym Style Only).
· 2 Pair White Long John Thermals (2 Tops and 2 Bottoms).
· 1 Pair Earbuds (No Headphones).
· 1 Pair Shower Shoes or Flip Flops.
· 2 Paperback Books (NO Urban Novels, True Crime, or Magazines).
· 1 Mp3 Player or Radio (Must Be Battery Operated, No Recording Capabilities, No external speakers).
· 1 Pair Tennis Shoes
In addition, State Inmates housed in the Red Pod may also have:
* 2 Sweatshirts (Gray No Hoodies)
* 2 Sweatpants (Gray No Cargo pockets)
* 1 Pair Boots (No Steel Toe)
Inmate’s families/friends are not permitted to mail property in for other inmates. We do not allow selling/purchasing property between inmates. Any items not recorded on the Inmate’s Intake Property Data Form, is considered contraband and will be disposed of during searches. Primary restrictions have been listed.
Note: Due to limited storage all excess property at Inmate’s intake that doesn’t fit in an authorized container must be picked up or mailed out within 30 days of Intake or it will be destroyed. All property at the Inmate’s release must be mailed out or picked up within 30 days of release or will be destroyed.